Why Write on Robociti?
On Robociti, you can share your Robotics & AI projects with the community, and earn at least 50 RoboCoins for each high quality project you post! So, the more projects you post, the more RoboCoins you earn, which you can use to buy courses and robot hardware on the platform!
You can also share your published projects to various social media channels and the Robociti Forums, for others to learn from and share.
To publish a project on Robociti, you must have registered an account and be logged in to the platform.
There are two ways to access projects and create a post.
1. Click on the “Community” link from the main menu on the homepage, then you would see the option to “WRITE A POST”.
2. From Your Dashboard, click on “MY POSTS”, then you would see the option to “WRITE A POST”
Creating A Post
As you would see on the “Write a Post” page, there are only three steps needed to publish your post:
“Enter Post Details ⟶ Write Post ⟶ Publish Post”. It’s that easy!
(P.S: Highlighted in the green box are the relevant parts to note.)
Enter Post Details:
1. Post Title: This must be less than 100 characters. Your post title should immediately indicate what your project is about.
As you see in the highlighted example below, this user has indicated their project is about programming the Sonic game with Scratch 2 and Raspberry.
2. Choose post tags: You can only choose a maximum of 4 tags. This would also show what robotics and AI topics your project is about. You can choose tags such as programming, prosthetics, wheeled robot, etc; according to what you’re writing about.
3. Short Post Description: Describe your project briefly, with no more than 200 characters. This description would be shown at the beginning of your project.
4.Select cover image: Next, upload an image from your device to act as cover image. This image would be displayed at the top of your project, and when your project is shared on other channels. Ensure your image is very clear, and like everything else, the image has to be related to your project.
After you select the cover image from your computer or phone, click “UPLOAD FIRST”, and when it has been successfully uploaded, click on “SAVE AND CONTINUE” below, which would direct you to the next page.
You're all done with the first part!
Here, you write about your project in detail. It is recommended that your projects be accompanied with code, images, videos or links. You can add all these through the navigation toolbar at the top. Highlighted below are the options to create a link, upload an image or embed the URL of a video.
You can designate your headings as H1 or H2. You can also choose to number your text content. All these options are at the top of the box. To center align your text, select the text and then click on the center-align option to do so, as shown below:
Below are some tips on writing a good post that others can learn from and would earn you RoboCoins.
Ensure that your content is:
- In English Language: Your article has to be understood by everyone visiting Robociti, so it has to be in a language understood by most.
- Related to Robotics and AI: You can write about anything, as long as it is related to the goal of Robociti, and that is AI and Robotics Education. You can share projects such as: programming projects, assembling your robot, or how AI and Robotics are being used in different industries, etc.
- Reader-friendly: Try NOT to write a very lengthy post, and use easy-to-understand sentences.
- Well structured: Use headings and subheadings to divide your content, so that they look well structured and easy to navigate.
- Accompanied with images or video: As mentioned above, it is recommended that you add some pictures in between your texts, that are related to your project.
- Accompanied with code:It is suggested that you add the code you used for this project, or the most important snippets of it to make other users understand how you implemented it.
- Well-aligned: If you want to align your images or video, you can click on the image to select it, and then see the options to align (left, center, right), as shown below.
After you are all done with your post, click on “SAVE AND PREVIEW” below to preview your project.
If you are satisfied with your project, then it’s time to publish! If you still want to make some changes, you can see the option below your project to “EDIT POST CONTENT”, this would direct you back to edit your post.
Once you save and publish your project, you would see a prompt like the one below, showing your project has been successfully published.
Now, click on “VIEW POST” to see how your project looks. You have the option to share your project as an email, on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit and Whatsapp and get your friends to like your project.
That’s it. You have successfully published your project on Robociti! Once the admin verifies that you have published a high quality project, you will be rewarded with 50 RoboCoins. You can always edit your project from your dashboard anytime, as shown below.
Don’t forget that the more projects you publish, the more you contribute to the Robotics & AI community, and the more RoboCoins you earn. So get started, and start publishing today!